Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Glue line creep -- yellow glue

On 10/27/2013 2:26 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:

Only to a point though... correct? Everything I've ever heard was that
there is a point where too much pressure will squeeze out too much glue
which will result in a weakened joint. Maybe that has been proven not to be
true, ...

Basically, research has shown that there really is no such thing as
being able to "starve" a joint by excess pressure with anything
approaching a practical application of clamps and cauls that one would
use for normal glue-ups. Hmmm....I can't seem to find the link just
offhand and don't want to take the time to really look now, but the
kinds of clamping pressures that were used are in the _way_on_up_there_
(tm) ranges--actually in the incredible kinds of numbers compared to
what we normally think of as clamping pressures.