Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Best hold in thin alumium?

On Sat, 26 Oct 2013 22:05:27 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

And -- on my first one (a '57) -- someone before had replaced
the official rear hanger for the muffler with a standard US one, which
broke, bowing the exhaust tube up into contact with the plywood, which
charred and sent an undesirable smell into the cockpit. Luckily, this
was winter, and I pulled off and dumped some handfuls of snow on it,
then I smashed a tin can flat and put it between the pipe and the
floorboard, so I could get home and fix it *right*. :-) (I went to the
local dealer and bought the proper support bracket -- and I think that
was the only Whitworth hardware on the car. I had to use a crescent
wrench on it. :-)

Known to the rest of the world as an "english wrench" and to the Brits
as a "french wrench"
AKA a "fitzall" or a "damnit wrench"

Isn't it fun, having to use 3 different style-sets of tools on one
vehicle?