Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default Alternatives to Fellowes Air Duster?

On Sun, 27 Oct 2013 10:37:19 +0000, "dennis@home"
wrote:

On 27/10/2013 06:11, MM wrote:
I bought a can yesterday to blow out my Philishave razor after each
use, as I never liked the idea of running it under the tap. Too messy.

But when I got the can home I realised that it contains all kinds of
stuff, not just air as I expected.

Prior to considering an air duster, I had thought of a pumped up car
tyre (obtain an old wheel rim and used car tyre), but that would be an
extremely cumbersome solution. I'd have to pop into my garage every
morning just to blow out the razor, although it would ensure a
powerful blast of pure air.

Puffing into the razor myself works, kinda. But my 'puff' isn't strong
enough to blow out all the nooks and crannies.

So, any ideas for an alternative to the Air Duster can once it's
finished?

MM

Don't they come with a cleaning brush?

Yeah, but that's really for the more intensive clean one is supposed
to perform every week/month. And still you're expected to wash out the
loosened stubble, whereas I don't want to run the thing under the tab.

MM