Posted to rec.woodworking

Default The Entertainment Nook is Complete. Whew!

On Sat, 26 Oct 2013 20:29:38 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 10/26/2013 7:40 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

"Leon" lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote

The SawStop brand hydraulic mobile base rolls so freely that if you
don't lower the saw after moving it, it will likely roll out into the
drive way if you are not careful, and that base is supporting close to
700 lbs.

I have this image in my head of Leon running down the street after a run
away SawStop saw. LOL

Me too! LOL. Actually I have envisioned it rolling off the ledge at
the garage door on to the driveway. That is about a 1.25" drop and
would be tough to lift back to garage level.

You'd be surprised how easy it would be to get back up something that
small. I thought I'd have all sorts of problems getting my Unisaur
off the shipping pallet. No problems at all. I had no problems
moving it from my other house into this one, alone. A couple of 2x10
ramps, a couple of sheets of plywood, and a UHaul trailer did the job
with no problems. The 2x10s are about the same height as your garage
lip and that was the easy part. Levers and inclined planes are
wonderful things. Don't leave Cheops without them. ;-)