Posted to rec.woodworking
Michael[_24_] Michael[_24_] is offline

Default The Entertainment Nook is Complete. Whew!

On Friday, October 25, 2013 5:31:54 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
I started phase II of the entertainment nook 4 weeks ago and with the

help of Swingman we slid the completed console into position this morning.

The console had to be IR and sound transparent so that I could hide all

of the electronics. It also had to hide the wiring, provide space for

the front sides and center speaker, storage for CD's DVD and BlueRay

disks and electronics and fill the 8' wide space. It does all of the above.

The back is completely open for ventilation and ease of accessing the

wiring and the top is totally removable and indexed for easy

replacement. The removeable top makes running all of the wiring a

breeze without having to pull the console out.

Oh and Swingman, I think I'm probably going to do a little tweaking of

the cables. ;~)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...n/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...n/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...n/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...n/photostream/

Looks terrific! What kind of wood did you use?

Mike