Michael Mcneil

Default non-slip paint for external brick steps

"Woodspoiler" wrote
in message

Sorry to disagree, but PVA doesn't hold up too well under damp
conditions. It's likely to fail quickly under foot traffic in a
wet spell. I think that Victorian bricks are relatively soft
inside so abrading the surface may expose material that
deterioriates quickly.

You're right about the pva. I think there is a waterproof version but I
am not sure. I can't imagine anyway to change the steps without
colouring them anyway. If the surface is lightly abraded they should be
OK.

The point is they should not be dangerous. If he puts sand on them it
will track in to the house. Thast leaves deck paint or some sort of
resin with sand in it.