Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default OT Tire pressure sensors

On 10/25/2013 12:00 PM, dpb wrote:
On 10/25/2013 8:57 AM, N8N wrote:
some cars are just bad about tires. I've seen too many FWD GMs with
the same wear patterns for it to be coincidence. ...

I don't think The General has built any especially for me and I've had
them almost exclusively since the advent of FWD. That would
be...hmmm...about 10 total iirc.

They have all been full-sized vehicles, however...not sure what the
smaller might do that's unique to them. Seems like the first FWD had
was the '88 88; it replaced the '84 which was RWD. Only had it and the
one PU then...the numbers didn't multiply drastically 'til started
throwing in the kids--but I always put them in either the retired former
main vehicle or at least something with a lot of "stuff" around 'em when
were young...I had a CRX that drove to the plant for a few years to save
on the gas of the PU but that's the only concession to size I've ever
made (or probably ever will) make.

Most recent ploy was to search out a recent low-mileage Lucerne since
they quit building the LeSabre--it handles well but w/ the 4-oh instead
of the 3800 and running at a little higher rpm at highway speed it's not
quite as economical as the LeSabre's. I suppose if had kept looking
could have found one w/ different rear end ratio to lower that. But key
point is it isn't cramped...not sure what'll do when it reaches
200K--doesn't look like there will be a large vehicle at all on the
market by then w/ current trends.