Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default OT Tire pressure sensors

On 10/24/2013 06:43 PM, Ron wrote:
On 10/24/2013 6:13 PM, Nate Nagel wrote:
On 10/24/2013 05:43 PM, dpb wrote:
On 10/24/2013 3:07 PM, dpb wrote:
On 10/24/2013 2:42 PM, Ron wrote:

Maybe you have never had to do it because the tire store reset it
after
installing/rotating tires?

I've never bothered to rotate tires--can't see it's ever made any
difference presuming keep vehicle aligned and proper inflation since
advent of independent suspension. Of course, on these gravel roads wear
isn't such as would see if only drove on paved roads, either...

About the last car I can recall that "religiously" rotated tires on
would probably have been the '69 Charger... -- and even that would
have been pretty irregular. Once the bias-ply 6.70-15 nylon cord
construction disappeared, there really was little need afaict.

GM FWD cars chew up the outsides of the front tires like you wouldn't
believe. If you don't rotate you'll end up replacing the fronts 2x as
often as the rears.

Not just GM. All FWD cars wear out the front tires much quicker than the
rear. I've never heard of anyone (until now) not rotating their tires.

Well, BMW specifically recommend against it.

I can't rotate my summer set as it's staggered, but I'm definitely
putting my winters on opposite of how I did last year... I must have a
heavy foot, the rears are 2x as worn as the fronts!

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel