Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default OT Tire pressure sensors

On 10/24/2013 01:05 PM, Ron wrote:
On 10/24/2013 8:47 AM, dpb wrote:
On 10/23/2013 10:41 PM, Bill wrote:
Ron wrote:
On 10/23/2013 8:50 PM, dpb wrote:

The firmware has to be reset for a reference point after one has been
off the rim but that's just mashing a couple of buttons on the control
panel--just how depends on the vehicle, of course.

To use the manual method, set the parking brake. Enter into TPMS
RELEARN using the Driver Information Center (DIC) controls. (SEE
Owner's Manual)

When you have successfully entered TPMS RELEARN, the horn will chirp
and the left front turn signal will illuminate. Increase or decrease
the tire inflation pressure on the left front tire for 8 to 10
seconds. The horn will "chirp", indicating that the left front tire
pressure sensor has been relearned and the turn signal at the right
front will illuminate. Repeat the process for the right front tire.
The horn will chirp and the right rear turn signal will illuminate
indicating that the right front tire has been relearned and now you
must now repeat the process at the right rear tire. Then you will have
to repeat this a fourth time at the left rear. When the left rear tire
has been relearned, the horn will sound a "double chirp" indicating
that the relearn process has successfully completed.

Yep, that's how I did it! I had to read it a couple of times before I
believed it! LOL

What in the world vehicle is this on???? Some firmware engineer needs
firing over that one...

GM vehicles are simply manually set pressure w/ tire gauge to desired
and then hit a 'Reset' button on the monitor screen...there are very
slight differences in where the function's hid but if you've done one
you can figure out any other that I've seen w/ only a few tries...

The above is for a GM vehicle.

yes, it's irritating. Especially on one that requires tire rotation
with every oil change. If you don't do it, if you pick up a screw
you'll be scratching your head trying to figure out which tire is
actually low. BMW's reset procedure is much easier (essentially
selecting "reset" from a menu) but this is one rare instance where GM's
implementation is actually better in some respects, as it allows you to
scroll through the actual pressures of each wheel on the display.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel