Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Fanuc circuit board schematics?

On Fri, 18 Oct 2013 17:45:05 -0500, Jon Elson

Greetings Jon,
I contacted Al and he says that he has few Fanuc schematics. But it
was a good try so thanks anyway.
Eric

Well, maybe NOBODY has Fanuc schematics, then. Al has sent me a
bunch of scanned excerpts from manuals, but they were mostly cable
connection diagrams and cross references of encoder models.
Maybe I just got very lucky that some of what I needed, he happened
to have. Back in the OOOLLLD days, all Fanuc controls came with a complete
schematic set. But, that was maybe for 1982-vintage controls with
80186 CPUs. The newer the gear, the more secretive they became.
I reverse-engineered the protocol on their serial encoders, with a little
help from Al and a lot from lucky eBay buys of encoders. But, just
about NO help from Fanuc. I hope you fare better.

Jon

Greetings Jon,
I am thinking that nobody has the schematics too. Do you have Nobody's
email adress? I am, with the help of a book, a TEK 465B 'scope, and
advice from an electronics engineer friend, going to try to figure out
what's wrong with the unit. Repair units are sold at a fixed price on
an exchange basis, I send mine in with a check and they send me a
repaired unit from off the shelf. So even if I damage the thing it
more it won't cost me any more to get a replacement.
Eric