Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Fanuc circuit board schematics?

Can anyone here point me to a place to download Fanuc circuit board
schematics? I've looked on the web with no luck. Fanuc is a machine
tool control maker and the controls are quite common. Robust too. But
when the older ones break getting parts repaired can be problematic. I
have a power unit that just went bad and I would like to see if I can
repair it myself before sending it out and paying about $1000.00 US.
Thanks,
Eric
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 17 Oct 2013 14:34:33 -0500, Jon Elson

Can anyone here point me to a place to download Fanuc circuit board
schematics? I've looked on the web with no luck. Fanuc is a machine
tool control maker and the controls are quite common. Robust too. But
when the older ones break getting parts repaired can be problematic. I
have a power unit that just went bad and I would like to see if I can
repair it myself before sending it out and paying about $1000.00 US.
Thanks,
Eric

Check with "Al the Man" on CNCZone, in the Fanuc section. He was a Fanuc
factory tech, and has a room full of old manuals. Some Fanuc stuff they
were REAL cagey about, and nobody outside the factory were ever shown
schematics, but other stuff was fairly available to the factory techs.

Jon

Thanks for the reply and the pointer Jon. I'll look for "Al the Man"
tonight.
Eric
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 17 Oct 2013 14:34:33 -0500, Jon Elson

Can anyone here point me to a place to download Fanuc circuit board
schematics? I've looked on the web with no luck. Fanuc is a machine
tool control maker and the controls are quite common. Robust too. But
when the older ones break getting parts repaired can be problematic. I
have a power unit that just went bad and I would like to see if I can
repair it myself before sending it out and paying about $1000.00 US.
Thanks,
Eric

Check with "Al the Man" on CNCZone, in the Fanuc section. He was a Fanuc
factory tech, and has a room full of old manuals. Some Fanuc stuff they
were REAL cagey about, and nobody outside the factory were ever shown
schematics, but other stuff was fairly available to the factory techs.

Jon

Greetings Jon,
I contacted Al and he says that he has few Fanuc schematics. But it
was a good try so thanks anyway.
Eric
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 18 Oct 2013 17:45:05 -0500, Jon Elson

Greetings Jon,
I contacted Al and he says that he has few Fanuc schematics. But it
was a good try so thanks anyway.
Eric

Well, maybe NOBODY has Fanuc schematics, then. Al has sent me a
bunch of scanned excerpts from manuals, but they were mostly cable
connection diagrams and cross references of encoder models.
Maybe I just got very lucky that some of what I needed, he happened
to have. Back in the OOOLLLD days, all Fanuc controls came with a complete
schematic set. But, that was maybe for 1982-vintage controls with
80186 CPUs. The newer the gear, the more secretive they became.
I reverse-engineered the protocol on their serial encoders, with a little
help from Al and a lot from lucky eBay buys of encoders. But, just
about NO help from Fanuc. I hope you fare better.

Jon

Greetings Jon,
I am thinking that nobody has the schematics too. Do you have Nobody's
email adress? I am, with the help of a book, a TEK 465B 'scope, and
advice from an electronics engineer friend, going to try to figure out
what's wrong with the unit. Repair units are sold at a fixed price on
an exchange basis, I send mine in with a check and they send me a
repaired unit from off the shelf. So even if I damage the thing it
more it won't cost me any more to get a replacement.
Eric
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

VÃ*o 04:39:26 UTC+7 Thứ Năm, ngÃ*y 17 tháng 10 năm 2013, đã viết:
Can anyone here point me to a place to download Fanuc circuit board
schematics? I've looked on the web with no luck. Fanuc is a machine
tool control maker and the controls are quite common. Robust too. But
when the older ones break getting parts repaired can be problematic. I
have a power unit that just went bad and I would like to see if I can
repair it myself before sending it out and paying about $1000.00 US.
Thanks,
Eric

Can you share me the Fanuc 0 schematic.
My mail: