Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Can mice get thru 1/4" hardware cloth?

philo* wrote in :

On 10/16/2013 07:39 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

snip

Someone else mentioned the expandable foam. I've had
good
luck using that to seal holes where pipes etc come in.
Another suggestion would be the good old smelly moth balls.
Supposedly mice don't like the smell of them any better than we do.
I put moth balls out in our barn. That seems to keep even the skunks
out.

That was me...and it worked...but someone else mentioned it did no
good for them.

Specific foam for mice & pests.

http://greatstuff.dow.com/products/pestblock/

GREAT STUFF™ Pestblock is the bitter-tasting foam sealant that blocks
critters and bugs – from spiders and ants to mice and rats – from entering
your home through gaps, cracks and holes.