Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller[_4_] Doug Miller[_4_] is offline

Default Can mice get thru 1/4" hardware cloth?

philo* wrote in :

I assure you they will easily be able to get through that...

BS. A mouse canNOT fit through a 1/4" hole.

even if the holes are small they will easily expand the size and come
through.

Possibly they can chew through the wires. More likely, they'll look for something easier,
somewhere else.

I had a mouse problem a while back with my own house and used that
expandable foam insulation to fill the holes. Never had a mouse again.

You're just a fountain of bad advice today. Mice will chew through that stuff in seconds. If you
really want to stuff a crevice with something to keep mice out, use steel wool.