FHerman FHerman is offline
Junior Member

Thank you all for taking an interest in my project, the positive feedback on a whole is great to hear.

Robin thank you for your feedback, as far as I was aware when posting I was putting the proper url link and not a tinyurl link as I have been on other sites. Also I wasn't aware I could post directly with my uea.ac.uk. so I made account with the site to post. The full url link is what is still shown to me in my post so I guess it has been changed when posting. Internet forums and how to use them is something I am learning a lot about through this project and I guess I still have a bit to go

Tim Watts and Jeremy Nicoll thank you for your time and interest in my project. I agree there are some problems around that question that have been highlighted a bit from the results, but at large it has been fine. I do understand that a grid connection is still needed for conventional PV installation. My reasoning for putting that question in there was to get an indication of how people feel about producing their own electricity separate from the grid, not necessarily if they were off grid or not. Also through my research I did pick up on people undertaking projects aiming to be 'grid free' and/or produce enough for their use, as well as small off grid communities in areas of Wales and Scotland. I know this doesn't cover the problems completely but I hope it helps. In hindsight I could have been clearer with my question, and this will be something I address in my final report if needed.

Thank you all again for all your time and feedback, it really is appreciated.

Also thank you to everyone who has taken the time to complete my survey so far, every response is a huge help.