Posted to uk.d-i-y
SteveW[_2_] SteveW[_2_] is offline

Default OT Where to park?

On 16/10/2013 10:01, Nightjar wrote:
On 16/10/2013 09:50, Tim Watts wrote:
On Wednesday 16 October 2013 09:29 Another John wrote in uk.d-i-y:

"ARW" wrote in message
I need to get some beer in before the England Poland football match.

Now the question. Should I park in the disabled bay, the low emmission
bay or the mother and child bay?

Good one Adam.

(1) Thing is: what can they do to you if you just ignore these priggish
reservations?

(2)
rant
Never heard of "low emission bays" (WTF!!???), no sympathy whatsoever
with "Mother and Child Bays" (awwwwwwwww!!!!),

Parent and child bays are to protect *you*. Think about it - parent, 3
kids
all piling out of the car, feet kicking against doors. Where do you think
the edge of that door goes? Yes - into a nice little dent on *your* door.

If so, why are they nearest to the shop doors and not out of everybody
else's way on the far side of the car park?

Colin Bignell

It makes sense to have them close to the shop, as in most cases
pedestrians must walk along the car park roadways, while trying to
protect their children from drivers that suddenly reverse out without
looking. Being close minimises the distance that parents must try to
escort children, in many cases too short to be seen when behind a car,
while both hands are occupied steering the shopping trolley.

SteveW