Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default OT Where to park?

Jethro_uk wrote:
On Tue, 15 Oct 2013 19:31:24 +0100, ARW wrote:

I need to get some beer in before the England Poland football match.

Now the question. Should I park in the disabled bay, the low
emmission bay or the mother and child bay?

Assuming you don't need the disabled bay, and aren't a ****, then the
low emission bay.

I am, of course, presuming you are child free - at least for this
journey.

But logically the real ****s are the people that correctly park in the LEZ
spaces. If they have a car that emits less CO2 than others per mile then
surely thay should be made to drive around the car park and park at the far
end of of it. That's going to save more of the worlds resources than having
the those of use wth less efficient cars do the extra mileage in the car
park.

I pulled a classic a couple of weeks ago in Bridlington on a Sunday. Pay and
display - there was building works going on on South Marine Drive and as I
was in a van I just shifted a couple of traffic cones and parked in the-)

And yes I am a **** - but I would never park in a disabled bay unless I had
a disabled passenger. And AC asked "See if there is a bay marked "**** with
Parking Envy". Well I do not envy anyone who requires a disabled badge or
has to help someone with a disabled badge. I just do not see the point of
the other two types of parking bays.

--
Adam