Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default OT Where to park?

On 16/10/2013 10:14, charles wrote:
In article , Nightjar
wrote:
On 16/10/2013 09:50, Tim Watts wrote:
On Wednesday 16 October 2013 09:29 Another John wrote in uk.d-i-y:

"ARW" wrote in message
I need to get some beer in before the England Poland football match.

Now the question. Should I park in the disabled bay, the low
emmission bay or the mother and child bay?

Good one Adam.

(1) Thing is: what can they do to you if you just ignore these
priggish reservations?

(2) rant Never heard of "low emission bays" (WTF!!???), no sympathy
whatsoever with "Mother and Child Bays" (awwwwwwwww!!!!),

Parent and child bays are to protect *you*. Think about it - parent, 3
kids all piling out of the car, feet kicking against doors. Where do
you think the edge of that door goes? Yes - into a nice little dent on
*your* door.

If so, why are they nearest to the shop doors and not out of everybody
else's way on the far side of the car park?

because they are intended for parents with push chairs/prams. Look at the
marking on the ground.

Not really an answer as to why they shouldn't be on the far side of the
car park. It would certainly ensure that nobody else used them.

But, is there anything to stop me taking my 45yo daughter and parking in
such a slot?

Neither Morrisons nor Tesco will do anything. Asda will issue a parking
charge notice if the driver is seen entering the store without a child,
but a PCN does not have a high chance of success if taken to Court. It
would, however, be interesting to see what happened to a defence on the
basis you suggest.

Colin Bignell