Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Where to park?

On Wed, 16 Oct 2013 01:27:35 -0700 (PDT), Onetap wrote:

I've parked in "Parent & Child" bays when I used to take my Blue
Badge holding 80+ year old father shopping and all the Blue Badge
bays were taken.

Invariably by ******* with no blue badge or no apparent disability
and their mum's badge (or something).

Pretty sure the the first and last are offences and the last will
also risk the rightful holder having their Blue Badge taken away.

The second is very thin ice and the change of scheme branding from
"Disabled Parking" to "Blue Badge" was to remove the implication
coming from "disabled" that it only meant those in wheelchairs or
other outwardly obvious mobilty problems.

My father had a Blue Badge early on beacuse he was registered blind,
one eye and that had a cateract. With only one eye the "bad outcome"
risk of having the cateract removed was significantly higher than
some one with a "spare" eye. At that time he was just a "nice old
gentleman" but he could barely see if there was any bright light
about. As he got older mobilty became more of a problem and for
anything over 50 yds he did use a wheelchair.

The vilke *******s should have their Mercs, BMWs, Audis & 4x4 bling
wagens moved to a distant corner of the car park and neatly stacked with
a fork lift.

Presumably you mean the ****s that park in Blue Badge spaces without
a Blue Badge?

--