Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Household goods affordability

On 10/14/2013 10:14 PM, wrote:

My roommate will drive 10 miles each way to save 10 cents a gallon on
gas. I can't get through to him. o_O

TDD

Might make sense if the tank is big enough and the vehicle gets good
enough mileage.

He's the type who will only put a maximum of $20 at a time in the tank. ^_^

TDD

I heard some where, a quote "The increasing price of gas
doesn't affect me. I just buy twenty dollars worth each
time I fill up." Now, THAT is clueless.

Yes, it's amazing. The people who have no concept of
money. The problem is, when I try to explain how it works,
I get explanations back, of why they do it that way.

Reminds me of the time I was trying to talk with a family's
young son (bout 7 or 8) on FRS walkie talkies. I could not
hear the boy, even with my radio volume on max. I swapped
walkies with him, and TX on his. Found the microphone. Told
him to talk "into right here". He says no, "I do it this
way...." and talks into the speaker. That was the closest
I've come to whacking a kid in the head.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org