Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Household goods affordability

On Mon, 14 Oct 2013 17:42:22 -0700, Oren wrote:

On Mon, 14 Oct 2013 16:40:03 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Another silly thing some people do is find that a
store someplace is selling the same product for $5 less.
Or the fast food place has a coupon there good
for $5 off. So they drive 10 miles farther each way to
get it. So they just used $3.50 in gas, plus
other per mile expense attributable to a car. Then
factor in the time and what have you really saved?

Housewives may drive across town to save 25 cents on a pound of
butter. I'll never, ever, figure that one out

I will occasionally drive out of my way for cheaper gas (if it's a
normal place I buy). I want to reward those who keep the prices down.