Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Yet another electrical question on a WW tool

On Mon, 14 Oct 2013 19:24:10 -0700, Bill Leonhardt wrote:

The shop is in my basement and I believe that general circuits (those
not dedicated to a specific use) are required have a GFCI.

I recently had our house inspected for a sale. The inspector required a
GFCI on any receptacle within 5' or so of a faucet, but not on any other
circuit. It may be different for new construction or for your state but
I've never heard of an overall requirement for a GFCI.

--
This message was for rec.woodworking - if it appears in homeownershub
they ripped it off.