Posted to alt.home.repair
(PeteCresswell) (PeteCresswell) is offline

Default Household goods affordability

Per Oren:
Is one party "worse" than the other? I doubt it as both are mostly
representing special interests in order to get the money they need for
television commercials at election time.

Because they have this mind set that they were elected to "govern";
instead of being sent to congress to "represent" the people.

I'd say just the opposite. First and foremost they represent the
corporate interests whose money they need to finance their campaigns.

After that, they "represent" the populace by pandering to the populace's
ignorance.

I can't blame them. After all, they're politicians, and politicians
live to get elected. Some guy stands up and says it the way it is, and
the first thing that will happen is that his corporate donations will
dry up. Second thing will be that some other guy will crucify him in
the media - and run him out of office next election.

Politicians are what they are.... the root cause is the populace and
there is no short term cure for that.

I hope I'm wrong.
--
Pete Cresswell