Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Household goods affordability

On 10/14/2013 6:41 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 14 Oct 2013 15:06:28 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 10/13/2013 7:48 PM,
wrote:

********************Trim Da Phat********************

My boss gives points to "60-year-old guys" when hiring. Finding a
graduate who knows which end of a soldering iron to pick up is
nearly impossible anymore. He did hire a kid (45) recently, though.

Back in the 1970's me and a several guys I knew decided to take a
refresher course so we could obtain our First Class FCC license required
for a job as a broadcast engineer. We already knew our electronics and
had experience in the field but needed a little
help to guarantee we passed our test. There was one gal in the class.
She was nice and we all liked her but she didn't know one end of a
soldering iron from the other but did know a screwdriver was for
screwing. Everyone in the class passed the test and obtained our First
Class FCC license. Guess who was immediately hired by a radio station?
That was my first real brush with Affirmative Action. o_O

She had the tools the station was looking for.

Two pointy ones. o_O

TDD