Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What government shutdown means to you

On 2013-10-13, a friend wrote:

be advised that anyone who thinks that a web site with a database

connected to it and is associated with a government requires no

maintenance is a person without a clue - a US government web site gets

tens of thousands of directed attacks per day - from a security

perspective alone it requires significant attention. To leave it open

would be to place the system at risk and virtually guarantee that it

would be compromised.

This is truly a dumb statement. I leave my website server for

algebra.com without any attention for weeks. It runs just fine and

does not become compromised.

Computer security and programming is what makes me a living.

The website design for algebra.com sucks dead donkey dick. It's one of the worst websites I've ever seen. You have zero talent for graphical design.