Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Household goods affordability

On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 15:39:41 -0400, "dadiOH"
wrote:

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

I've had Medicare for three years now. With a good
supplement, it is a good deal. For two of us, my
premiums are $683 a month.

Hmmm...I've had Medicare for 15 years. I have no supplement - don't need
one, have a Medicare Advantage plan - so my premiums are $0. Moreover, my
plan returns the Medicare part "B" premium that is deducted from one's
social security; that is about $200 for the two of us so I am better than
$10,000 a year up on you

Advantage plans work for some people, but I don't think it is right
for us. Seems many doctors will no longer be accepted in some of the
plans too. Some of the treatment my wife is getting is either not
covered or marginally covered under those plans.

My company reimburses me so I technically have $0 out of pocket
anyway. So why not get the best?

Fortunately, we have never had need of such, sorry you have. If we did, we
would be spending some; however, the cost to us would be around $4000 per
year.

Still not bad if that is the true cash outlay for a major expense.