Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus22100 Ignoramus22100 is offline

Default What government shutdown means to you

On 2013-10-13, a friend wrote:
be advised that anyone who thinks that a web site with a database
connected to it and is associated with a government requires no
maintenance is a person without a clue - a US government web site gets
tens of thousands of directed attacks per day - from a security
perspective alone it requires significant attention. To leave it open
would be to place the system at risk and virtually guarantee that it
would be compromised.

This is truly a dumb statement. I leave my website server for
algebra.com without any attention for weeks. It runs just fine and
does not become compromised.

Computer security and programming is what makes me a living.