Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
a friend a friend is offline

Default What government shutdown means to you

Steve Walker wrote:

You have got to be kidding. It's a no maintenance web site, fees paid in
advance. I agree on the term limits. Keeps power bases from getting too
big. I think all in political elected office should have an EARNED
degree in economics, NOT honorary, no substitute. I don't care if you
are a CEO of some big company, or wealthy. No degree, no run for election.

If you've ever walked past a law school, you shouldn't be allowed to
run for office.

be advised that anyone who thinks that a web site with a database
connected to it and is associated with a government requires no
maintenance is a person without a clue - a US government web site gets
tens of thousands of directed attacks per day - from a security
perspective alone it requires significant attention. To leave it open
would be to place the system at risk and virtually guarantee that it
would be compromised.

--
For a $5 dollar donation today you get credit for $10 with HIM