Posted to rec.woodworking
CW[_8_] CW[_8_] is offline

Default Very OT - but this stuff is getting rediculous...

wrote in message ...

On Sat, 28 Sep 2013 09:09:32 -0500, Leon wrote:

"Mike Marlow" wrote:
I'd have a problem with a school principal sticking his nose into my
business this way...

http://www.infowars.com/seventh-grad...y-gun-at-home/

And, the nosy neighbor as well...

Jeez!

IMHO, what I am about to say is my view, I'm sure some one may argue but
in another thread I made a comment about why I believe our society in going
in the direction it is going in.

First of all, political correctness gone over board for sure.

Second, the parent of the child. The child is the parents property until
he gets on the bus and goes to school, then he is the schools property.
WRONG, WRONG, WRONG

Third, the child seems to be mature enough to be worried about not being
able to go to college because of this incident.
In so much that the teenager has the fore site to even make that comment,
that comment seems to be more of a reaction of a punishing threat made to
him after the fact. I'm not sure that a teenager that is not concerned
about displaying a toy gun in public, especially with all the news coverage
that has been going around, even has college on the radar.

Yes the student is an immature child but, IMHO, he is making comments that
a more mature person would be making.

IMHO the child is the victim of a society that is more and more causing
these type situations to come up.
Fifty years ago this behavior by a child would have been acceptable and in
most instances expected of a male child..

The parent describing her child as her property and then indicating that
the child becomes the schools property is a clear indicator that the parent
expects some one else, the government, to take responsibility of the child
and his actions. The same parent will probably **** a brick if the child
creates a disturbance in school for the same reason and dispenses
punishment. Because that is a 100% probability the schools can only stay
out of trouble and public scrutiny by issuing a punishment with little to
no effect.

IMHO, if you expect others to be responsible for your child they should
also have the authority to take appropriate measures when your child
misbehaves or causes a disturbance. If you don't believe that those that
have "taken responsibility" of your " property" should hold the child
responsible for his or her actions and issue appropriate discipline to
prevent further problems then you need to realize that "your property" is
your responsibility 100% of the time. You need to be responsible for your
child's actions as much as him or her.

First of all, a child is NOT property of anyone but himself.
Someone should have told my father about that.