View Single Post
  #11   Report Post  
Posted to rec.woodworking
external usenet poster

Default Circular Saw

On Fri, 11 Oct 2013 11:44:45 -0700 (PDT), Michael
wrote:

On Friday, October 11, 2013 1:38:54 PM UTC-5, Sonny wrote:
Trying to finish the shop roof and my Craftsman saw quit. Searched for comparison studies and found this: http://www.popularmechanics.com/home...n-test#slide-1

The Craftsman, they noted, is what I have, 1 yr old. I assume, either the switch quit or the brushes are bad. Can't remove the brushes without lots of other disassembly. Took the switch apart and parts flew all over.... don't know how to replace them. I hate when a tool quits in the middle of a job, especially one that is not very old. I'm ****ed, having spent an hour+ troubleshooting it, when I could have bought a new one and be back working within that wasted time. *And, as they noted, this Craftsman is heavy, making it very uncomfortable.

The Bosch CS20 was Pop. Mechanics top choice. Sears has them on sale for $99. They are regularly $150. I hope it's as good as they say, I'm going get one. At that price, I might get two.

Sonny

You can't go wrong with DeWalt or Milwaukee, but that Bosch sounds like a very good deal. I have a Milwaukee and it really plows the kerf without complaint.

I have a rear-pivot DeWalt. I like it a lot, though for paneling the
Festool works much better. ;-)