Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Equipment valuations

On Tuesday, October 8, 2013 3:59:24 PM UTC-7, SteveB wrote:
I just inherited a Ridgid JP 06101 jointer, 6 1/8", and a Foley Belsaw

12 3/8" planer/moulder, 5 hp. Says it will take a 6" high board or

thereabouts. There are about ten boxes with various blades, and

spacers, mostly all never used. I'd like to sell them. The Ridgid

looks like it was only used a few times. One of the knobs still has the

clear wrap on it. The planer has been used, but the ten boxes of blades

are new in box never been used, still wrapped in the white foam packing

paper.. What would be a good price to move these? Notice I said move.

I don't want to give them away, but they cost me nothing. I'd just

like to give someone a couple of quality machines at a good price.

6" floor jointer about $500 new. Prob get $150-$200 pretty easy.

12" planer molder, that unit is a bit unique. probably %1,200 $1,500 new but they are all pretty old now. Should be able to get $500 but need to find the right person. Prob not much extra for the cutters because that is what makes the machine worth using but even so, maybe sell off the cutters on ebay and get $30- $50 apiece and still able to sell the machine for just basic planing for $400 or so. This machine is all about finding someone who needs it.