Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Delta Blade Alignment Procedures - Contractor's saw models 34-444and 34-445Z series

On 10/7/2013 9:59 PM, Bob wrote:
snip....of long post...

This had been posted many years ago on either this site, or various
other forums. Good to see it again.

I had done this, but still can not get 45 degree cuts to be dead on, the
blade does not track straight.

When I get my saw stop, I will enjoy not fighting my 45 degree cuts.

There is no guarantee of that. That said the chances of any new cabinet
saw not being set up properly from the factory is probably close to
zero. BUT the Sawstop, at least the industrial model, has specific
instructions to correct that problem should it occur. Typically with
most cabinet saws you use shims between the table and the trunnion/yoke.
The industrial SawStop has an engineered adjustment found at the back
inside of the saw cabinet.

Now simply making the blade parallel to the miter slot at the 90 degree
bevel setting is a piece of cake with the SawStop.