Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Spray gun advice

Gramps' shop wrote:

Well, I put in my bid on the finishline before getting your advice on
the gravity unit. Won the auction at $31. Saw similar items on eBay
for $100+, so I think I got a decent deal.

So now... do yourself the biggest favor you can do as it applies to
spraying. Set up some scrap wood, some paper, some whatever, and make
practice shoots at your target. Learn your gun. I promise you this - if
you post another inquirey about how to shoot some ****, I'm going to tell
you to practice on some sort of scrap, with the **** you're trying to spray.
So, try varying the distance, the amount of trigger pull, the speed of
travel, and believe it or not - the amount of light in your work area. In
short - spend an hour or two learning your new gun. What you learn will vary
a bit based on the materials you shoot, buy you will develop a really good
foundation for figuring out what to do without posting "how do I..." posts
here, only to be told this very same thing.

Congratulations on your purchase. You bought a fine gun. Now - learn to
use it.

--

-Mike-