Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Spray gun advice

Gramps' shop wrote:
Well, I put in my bid on the finishline before getting your advice on
the gravity unit. Won the auction at $31. Saw similar items on eBay
for $100+, so I think I got a decent deal.

Don't sweat it. I have lots of guns that are syphon type guns. I don't
think twice abour the merits of syphon vs gravity feed. It's a convenience
thing that is based soley upon what I have become comfortable with. That is
really irrelevant when it comes to the more important matters of
conventional vs HVLP, and only slightly less relevant when talking about
conventional vs turbine HVLP. For $31 you cannot possibly have gone wrong.
If you consider any and all of the savings that the very best gun could have
offered you (regardless of what theorists may say...), at the end of your
life, you hit the magic point of lowest cost option to you. Good job!

--

-Mike-