Posted to rec.woodworking

Default New Miter Saw and Stand

Will you cut 4x4 ? or 2x4 on edge ?

10" is limited. 12 adds another inch of cut and more teeth per revolution.

Martin

On 10/5/2013 2:34 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Sat, 05 Oct 2013 06:37:36 -0400, Mike Marlow wrote:

So how do you like the HF slider?

So far, I like it.

I bought the 12" slider when it was on sale this spring. Since I'm
just now getting to the end of converting my garage into a shop I
haven't tried it out yet. But I will be shortly. I'll post a report.

I'll watch for it. I considered the 12" but it was $179 and the 10" was
$119. I got a 20% off coupon so that made it just under $100. I figured I
wouldn't need a cut wider than 12" so I went with the price point. The
question I have though, is how can you buy a new toy and not find a reason
to use it immediately? That just ain't right Larry!