Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Spray gun advice

On 10/5/2013 4:07 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Swingman wrote:

Like Jeff says, it's hard to beat an HVLP system for a woodworker.

Large price range, and the more you pay the better overall results
you will get with more types of finishes.

This one is highly rated for and by woodworkers. Has a number of
hands on reviews on YouTube, check them out.

http://www.amazon.com/Earlex-HV5500-.../dp/B004RGOKR2

I have the predecessor to the above and use it for spraying
everything from primer and shellac, to many paints.

I've owned three different HVLP units, in three prices ranges from
$49 to the above, and would have been far ahead in results and
reliability had I just spent the bucks for the above to begin with.
Keep in mind this is a medium priced HVLP setup, you can spend much
more.

Damn-it. Tunnel vision - when somebody talks about HVLP, I think conversion
guns. As long as we've had threads about this stuff, I still don't
immediately think turbines until someone else brings them up. You know what
they say - when all you have is a hammer...

I was on the iPad using an app to respond to Larry's request , so I
didn't see your posts until after I'd already sent mine. Otherwise, I
woulda transmogrified it ... maybe that's chickenfried?.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net