Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default Spray gun advice

On 10/5/2013 3:47 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Gramps' shop wrote:
I'd like to add spray finish to my skill set, so I guess I need a
spray gun. There are three at an online auction -- items 10, 11 and
12 at this link:

http://www.obenaufauctionsonline.com...1/category/ALL

Any thoughts about the quality/price on these?

Any one of these three will make an excellent gun Larry. All are pro
quality. None are top of the line guns, but all will turn out an excellent
finish, will have rebuild kits available forever, and those prices are crazy
cheap. You'd have to check on the DeVilbiss web site to see if any of them
are HVLP as most of their guns come in conventional and compliant HVLP
styles. I'd certainly recommend HVLP is you have compressor enough for it.
If not - most woodworkers probably don't do enough painting/finishing with
expensive finishes for the difference to be all that meaningful. If you
were painting cars you'd certainly want HVLP.

In any event, if you can get them near those prices, you cannot lose.

Sorry Larry, I didn't realize the finish line was devilbiss...
Go for the gravity feed over the siphon, I have grown to prefer them.
Like Mike said if you can get them for the current price its a good deal.

--
Jeff