Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Spray gun advice

"Gramps' shop" wrote:
I'd like to add spray finish to my skill set, so I guess I need a spray
gun. There are three at an online auction -- items 10, 11 and 12 at this link:

http://www.obenaufauctionsonline.com...1/category/ALL

Any thoughts about the quality/price on these?

Like Jeff says, it's hard to beat an HVLP system for a woodworker.

Large price range, and the more you pay the better overall results you will
get with more types of finishes.

This one is highly rated for and by woodworkers. Has a number of hands on
reviews on YouTube, check them out.

http://www.amazon.com/Earlex-HV5500-.../dp/B004RGOKR2

I have the predecessor to the above and use it for spraying everything from
primer and shellac, to many paints.

I've owned three different HVLP units, in three prices ranges from $49 to
the above, and would have been far ahead in results and reliability had I
just spent the bucks for the above to begin with. Keep in mind this is a
medium priced HVLP setup, you can spend much more.

--
www.ewoodshop.com (Mobile)