Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default Spray gun advice

On 10/5/2013 12:29 PM, Gramps' shop wrote:
I'd like to add spray finish to my skill set, so I guess I need a spray gun. There are three at an online auction -- items 10, 11 and 12 at this link:

http://www.obenaufauctionsonline.com...1/category/ALL

Any thoughts about the quality/price on these?

Thanks,

Larry

Certainly the devilbiss is the best gun, hands down over the other 2.

I might suggest that you consider hvlp, I have air guns, like these,
binks and devilbiss. But I started buying the conversion hvlp..
Not as good as real hvlp, but better than siphon type high pressure guns.

With an hvlp it's small, you can take it with you, versus a compressor
and gun, you have a turbine (small vacuum cleaner) and a gun.

It will spray all sorts of finishes. And without spraying the rest of
the room...

--
Jeff