Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default Deck Repair w/Trex (and link to jpg)

woodchucker wrote:
On 10/4/2013 7:58 AM, Bill wrote:

I think I'm learning that's it's better to get to work quickly.
Otherwise, by the time one "re-lives" or "re-experiences" the job 25
times in his or her mind, getting started to seem like work. Or to put
it another way, "finishing" starts to seem like work. One ends of
solving the same problems multiple times, I think. Waste of time. In
my limited experience, "He who hesitates will pay a cost for it".

Bill

Finally, now you get it. And if you make mistakes, you learn anyway.
And fixing your mistakes is part of being a good craftsman.

Yes, yes, yes! I agree with what you wrote. But to share a line I
read this week:

"You'll never paint with oil better than you can draw."

Actually, it was more like, "The extente of one's oil painting will not
exceed that of one's drawing.."--but I was unable to locate my source (I
believe I may have read it while browsing book samples at Amazon).
Maybe we should update it to: "You'll never build something
substantially better than you can design with SketchUp! : )

BTW, I would be working on my deck except I got "rained out" (weatherman
is not on my side this weekend).

Cheers,
Bill