Posted to rec.woodworking

Default bookcase leveling

One question arose. At the very end of the article it mentions

installing four levelers and gives a diagram using Rockler part number

31210.

Looking at the plan, I see no way to get to the levelers after

installation. Yes, I can drill some holes through the bottom shelf to

access the leveler screws, but there's no mention of that in the

article. Is there some esoteric method of accessing the levelers that

I'm unaware of or is this just an oversight in the article?

From Rockler product page for 31210
These ready to install, pre-drilled blocks make leveling cabinets and bookcases a snap. The threaded nylon tipped glide is adjustable to a height of 2'' either from the top, through a hole in the cabinet floor, or from below using an open end wrench. Leveling blocks are easy to install with glue and the included screws, and are rated to support up to 150 lbs each."