Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default bookcase leveling

Larry Blanchard wrote:
At a garage sale recently, I ran across a "complimentary" issue of
Woodsmith (no issue number) which contained a plan for a "classic
bookcase" which could be built singly or in multiples. Looked like just
what I had been planning.

One question arose. At the very end of the article it mentions
installing four levelers and gives a diagram using Rockler part number
31210.

Looking at the plan, I see no way to get to the levelers after
installation. Yes, I can drill some holes through the bottom shelf to
access the leveler screws, but there's no mention of that in the
article. Is there some esoteric method of accessing the levelers that
I'm unaware of or is this just an oversight in the article?

Some "levelers" I looked at recently could be adjusted with a hex wrench
from directly underneath the bottom of the "foot". Maybe (possibly)
yours are like that?

Bill