Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] geraldrmiller@yahoo.ca is offline

Default Flat warehouse roof depression leaking

On Thu, 03 Oct 2013 08:54:12 -0700, SteveB
wrote:

On 9/28/2013 6:29 PM, Ignoramus795 wrote:
I have a warehouse with a flat roof. It has two drains and is supposed
to be inclined uniformly towards the drains. However, between the two
drains, a depressed area appeared and water pools there. From there,
it leaks down into the warehouse.

I am looking for cheap workarounds to stave off roof replacement. I am
wondering how hard is it to add a roof drain and connect it to
existing drains. Will that help?

who hates flat roofs

I'd try a down and dirty jack it up approach. Find the low spot, go
inside, and use a pipe or 4 x 4, and make a WELL MARKED column to get an
inch or so you need. Maybe more. Put some barrels or whatever around
it so forklifts would be less likely to hit it. It would also do double
duty if there is structural damage in that area to increase the snow
load the roof would be able to withstand. Might not be kosher, but if
it is temporary, and you didn't have to get anything else inspected, and
painted it to look like the rest, it might slide by. Or it might be
there forever. I would attach any horizontal members up there to
something so that if a fork took out the column, the upper stuff
wouldn't come crashing down. Maybe have a truss made of aluminum. You
know a couple of welders, don't you?

Steve

He owns welders but hires weldors (duck and cover time)
---

Gerry :-)}
London,Canada