Hugo Nebula

Default Reasonable price for a replacement CH boiler?

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 15:37:26 -0000, a particular chimpanzee named
"RichardS" noaccess@invalid randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

Did you manage to get hold of Slippery Sam, and if so what was the outcome?

"People say to me, 'look, Dave, all I want is a price to change my
boiler'. They don't want to know the ins and outs of how much each
little thing costs".

He faxed me a 'breakdown' of the costs, which seemed to amount to
£1645 to fit the boiler, then £600-odd for 'extras' such as installing
a condensate drain, wiring it in, flushing the system, etc. Apart
from some earth bonding and a couple of valves, I would have regarded
everything on his list as essential to replacing a boiler.

I tried to get him to negotiate on lowering the price, but he wasn't
willing to do so, so my mother's cancelled it.
--
Hugo Nebula
"You know, I'd rather see this on TV,