Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What government shutdown means to you

On 10/1/2013 8:21 PM, BottleBob wrote:

I've just had my first negative repercussion of the shutdown.

The battery in my watch died today, the band also needed to be replaced, plus the bezel was scratched, so I bought a new watch. I went to my favorite site to set the time...

http://time.gov/widget.html

I received the following message:

"NIST Closed, NIST and Affiliated Web Sites Not Available"

"Due to a lapse in government funding - blah, blah, blah."

I'm so INCONVENIENCED!!!!! LOL

Heh, no wonder congress has only a 10% approval rating. I think it's about time to implement some Term Limits on those clowns.

Well, must be time to build a disaster kit?
http://www.ready.gov/

Got your bottled water, duct tape, plastic sheeting?

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org