Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
BottleBob BottleBob is offline

Default What government shutdown means to you

On Monday, September 30, 2013 5:15:20 AM UTC-7, Gunner Asch wrote:
SHUTDOWN 2013

What government closure means for you

Minor headache for some, major hassle for others

snip

I've just had my first negative repercussion of the shutdown.

The battery in my watch died today, the band also needed to be replaced, plus the bezel was scratched, so I bought a new watch. I went to my favorite site to set the time...

http://time.gov/widget.html

I received the following message:

"NIST Closed, NIST and Affiliated Web Sites Not Available"

"Due to a lapse in government funding - blah, blah, blah."

I'm so INCONVENIENCED!!!!! LOL

Heh, no wonder congress has only a 10% approval rating. I think it's about time to implement some Term Limits on those clowns.

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob