Posted to alt.home.repair
Shelly[_7_] Shelly[_7_] is offline

Default Snap Ring

replying to dpb, Shelly wrote:
dpbozarth wrote:

Inner or outer ring? It's been a long time since I fooled w/ one of
these and can't recall where there is a snap ring.
As for is it needed--I'm sure they didn't make it with one for no
purpose...
I suspect it may work fine w/o it but you'll find that some time quite
unexpectedly it will let got and you'll get water all over where you
don't want it if you leave it off...

I looked on here to find out that same thing. I did not want to have to
go out to get a tool to put this snap ring on, I wanted to have it done
before my husband came home. So I got mad, cussed in Slovak and just
pushed on the little monster and (yay) it snapped on, so it can be done
without the pliers.

--
posted from
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...ng-128187-.htm