Posted to alt.home.repair
Alex Gunderson Alex Gunderson is offline

Default Who actually owns this 1,000 gallon propane tank?

On Tue, 01 Oct 2013 06:50:03 -0700, wrote:

But, maybe there is no one there to help him today. The govt appears to
be shut down. Probably a good thing too.

Actually, the "county" gob'ment is alive and well today.
I spend a few hours there today.
All in all, I came out with nothing; but here's what I know.

1. There are NO LIENS going back to multiple owners and to when the
house was built. The only lien on the house is the mortgage.
So, nobody has sued for their real property to be returned.

2. There are NO PERMITS for the propane tanks. They don't even
show up on any of the original plans. There is absolutely
nothing in the plans for the propane tanks. The *only*
mention of anything was that the gas plumbing was signed off
for leak testing. That's it.

So, at the county recorder's office (and planning office), there
is no record of any ownership of the propane tanks.

Sigh.