Posted to alt.home.repair
Alex Gunderson Alex Gunderson is offline

Default Who actually owns this 1,000 gallon propane tank?

On Tue, 01 Oct 2013 05:53:41 -0500, CRNG wrote:

How can "gas tanks and water tanks" be "consumed" by the lessee?

I think the propane group was arguing a bunch of points.

One point was that the propane tank isn't allowed to be touched
by the owner - so how can you call it "real property".

Gas tanks and water tanks have no such no-touch restrictions.

They listed a few of these things in the arguments (and they
pointed to case law a few times).

There arguments do bolster the funny feeling I had with all the
examples that were provided, every single one of which was
vastly different than the situation with the propane tanks
(e.g., cars, garbage, electricity, telephone, satellite dish, etc.)

So, having struggled with this concept myself, I'm a believer
that the only case law that will make sense is California
(and perhaps NY) case law specifically for propane tanks.

BTW, is there a lawyer in the group? (I can't be the only one
on the planet to notice that California apparently treats
propane tanks different than most other states.)