Posted to alt.home.repair
Alex Gunderson Alex Gunderson is offline

Default Who actually owns this 1,000 gallon propane tank?

On Tue, 01 Oct 2013 08:41:44 -0400, dadiOH wrote:

No but it sounds as if your current gas company would have extreme
difficulty proving that the tank is NOT yours.

I suspect nobody has a bill of sale.

That's why they haven't come to get it.

In addition, if it's "real property", they should have a lien
on file at the county recorder's office - so I'm off to there today
at lunch.

It would be nice if there is a lawyer in the group who can
doublecheck my revelation that the propane tanks in California
(and perhaps NY) are actually considered real property, instead
of personal property.

I can't be the only one on the planet to have figured that out.