Posted to alt.home.repair
Alex Gunderson Alex Gunderson is offline

Default Who actually owns this 1,000 gallon propane tank?

On Mon, 30 Sep 2013 17:54:27 -0400, Kurt Ullman wrote:

There is a $250 permit fee, but I spoke to that department and they
said they would never put down the serial number of the tank

That sorta surprises me. You would think they would take that to establish
if someone tries to change it out and not pay the fee.

I guess it's like swapping out the regulators.
Or replacing the earthquake tie-down straps.
You wouldn't expect to get a new permit for that.

But I don't know how this permit stuff works so I'm just guessing
based on the fact the guy told me that they definitely do NOT write
down the serial number of the propane tank in the permit & inspection
process.